Bus/Light Rail Fares
- A One Day GoPass allows unlimited access to all HRT services except MAX which requires an upgrade fee. The One Day GoPass is good for bus, light rail and ferry services.
- Passengers may board the MAX using any fare. However, the payment of an upgrade fee will be required.
- Children under 38 inches tall may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Up to two children per fare-adult are permitted to board for free.
- Youth, age 17 and under, are required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age. School IDs are not required to display a birth date.
- Senior citizens, age 60 and over, must show driver a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo ID), HRT’s Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age that includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or an ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.
- HRT accepts exact fare only and does not give cash refunds on any purchases.
|Regular Bus and Light Rail Routes||Price|
|Youth (under 18, ID may be required)||$1.00|
|Seniors, Persons w/Disabilities & Medicare Cardholders||$0.75|
|Child (under 38″ tall)||Free|
|Bus Fare-Go Pass||Price|
|Bundle of Five 1-Day GoPasses||$16.50|
|1-Day GoPass (Senior,Disabled,Youth, Medicare)||$1.75|
|Bundle of Five 1-Day GoPasses (Senior,Disabled,Youth, Medicare)||$8.75|
|30-Day GoPass (Senior,Disabled,Youth, Medicare)||$35.00|
|MAX passes can be purchased through the mail and at TVM locations. They are often not carried by retailers so you’ll want to seek out a TVM or order by mail.|
TVM at light rail station issue an IOU?
If a ticket vending machine on the light rail system fails to give proper change, it is programmed to issue an IOU. Any valid IOU less than $3 can be redeemed Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 509 East 18th Street, Building # 4, Norfolk, Virginia. Any refund over $3 will be forwarded to our revenue department and a check will be issued and mailed. For more information, please call 222-6100.