Transit Riders Advisory Committee
The Transit Riders Advisory Committee (TRAC) is a subcommittee under the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (TDCHR) Executive Committee and is operated by citizens on a voluntary basis. The TRAC was established by the TDCHR in July 2009.
Purpose of TRAC:
- Provide HRT administration with feedback and recommendations for improving operational or service issues affecting HRT customers
- Provide input into HRT’s customer outreach activities
- Provide HRT customers and the community at-large with information about HRT services and soliciting input concerning service improvements
- TRAC may be comprised of up to 14 voting members, which shall include at least one resident from each city and one service representative.
- Members, should include (but not be limited to) HRT customers and persons who currently utilize or have the desire to utilize public transportation.
- Members are appointed by the TDCHR Executive Committee Chairperson upon recommendation by HRT staff and/or the Commissioner(s) of the represented city.
- The TRAC will report to the TDCHR Executive Committee at each regular meeting. A written report is prepared by the Recording Secretary and reviewed by the committee Chairperson and/or Vice-Chairperson and HRT staff to be submitted to the TDCHR Executive Committee Chairperson prior to presentation to the full TDCHR Commission meeting. The HRT staff will provide assistance as required to ensure that the report is prepared and placed on the TDCHR Executive Committee and TDCHR agendas.
|TRAC Committee Members|
|TRAC CO-Chairs||Judith Brown and Lee Westergard|
|Newport News||Debbie Wilson|
|Virginia Beach||Ronald Broughton|
|Local Fixed Route||Open|
|Paddlewheel Ferry||Angelia Allen|
|Peninsula Commuter Service||Lee Westergard|
Upcoming Meetings | All meetings will be held from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 3400 Victoria Blvd., Hampton, 2nd floor boardroom
- Wednesday, May 1, 2013, 509 E. 18th St., Norfolk, Building 4, 2nd floor boardroom
- Wednesday, July 3, 2013 (subject to change), 3400 Victoria Blvd., Hampton, 2nd floor boardroom
- Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013, 509 E. 18th Street., Norfolk, Bldg. 4, 2nd floor boardroom
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, 3400 Victoria Blvd., Hampton, 2nd floor boardroom
For more information about the Transit Riders Advisory Committee (TRAC) or how to become a member, please contact Marie Arnt , HRT staff liaison, at (757) 222-6000 or Email.
For alternative communication services, please contact Marie Arnt at 222-6100.